Pretty Peacock Card 'Simply Susan' - Favecrafts Article

Friday, 16 August 2013 2 Comments - POST YOUR COMMENT

I always enjoy using the 3D Paper Tole by HOTP and this 'Birds of a Feather didn't disappoint. I've done another card (Feather and Flowers Handmade Greeting Card) using elements from this kit. Paper tole is what we call in the UK découpage (what the French call découpage, we call flat découpage but I digress...). 

Anyway it's a fun sheet which has metallic reflections (unfortunately the picture didn't pick those reflections up ) and you add layers removing the die-cuts from the holding sheet. I tend to use a small file to remove the little kiss cuts remnants and also use an indelible black marker.

I've used the 93 Lacy Frames and Borders dazzles to create a focal point for the Peacock 3D layers. 

This great collection 'Simply Susan' by Hot Off the Press soon available from Paperwishes.com is superb. Great colours and design, I was definitely oooohing and aaaaahing as I was going through the doublesided papers in 12x12. On top of the paper pack there's two 3D paper tole kits in the collection plus a stamp set. 

If you wish to see how I created this card just point your browser to my Pretty Peacock Card Tutorial on Favecrafts.com

You can also see the supplies used on my own gallery Pretty Peacock Greeting Card on Paperwishes.


2 Comments - POST YOUR COMMENT:

  • Julia said...

    Hi Fab, This is Julia from FaveCrafts. Thanks again for sharing this amazing project and pointing your readers toward FaveCrafts! I know paper crafters are going to love making their own version of this card! Have a great day.

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 I Heart Hot Off the Press | TNB