Cupcakes using HOTP templates - my first full tutorial on Come2chat

Saturday, 19 March 2011 3 Comments - POST YOUR COMMENT







About Come2Chat

Oh boy, was I nervous yesterday ??? It was truly my first live webcast kindly helped by the lovely Cynthia Gagen who runs all these great live shows online with Creative Edventures brand.

Three times a week there's a brilliant hanging out place called Come2Chat for crafters to show their creations; it's on three times a week (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) at noon (Eastern Time - 4pm GMT, 5pm BST, 6pm CET).

Apparently I'm a regular now, last Wednesday I've done a quick skit making a 'Card under an hour' challenge. It was fun and in my excitement I thought I would come back Friday to show how to make these paper cupcakes using Hot Off the Press plastic templates. In my mind, I thought 'easy peasy' ! :)

Well after having slept only 4 hours as I watched Roberta Birnbaum birthday do as she turned 50, I was up at 4am then couldn't go back to sleep so I thought just start making a few cupcakes so you're ready for the afternoon show. Ah ah little I knew that from a couple of cupcakes made at 10am I would finish at 3pm as I couldn't stop making them.

I just mentioned Robi (Roberta) as she's has a fabulous show every Thursday at 11.59pm Eastern (4am GMT - 5am BST, 6am CET) called Robi @Nite. Amanda Marks is another very talented lady who has a show about drawing and painting. That's on every Thursday at noon Eastern (4pm GMT - 5pm BST, 6pm CET) and it's called 'The Paintbox with Amanda".

Leslie Rahye is another one of the talented ladies who like myself will show you some crafty things to make on Come2Chat. Leslie ( a mean Zentanglist :) ) has been doing the challenges together with Amanda on Come2Chat each Monday. I urge you to join as they're fun and you can join the Come2Chat group on Facebook for more infos.

Finally Cynthia Gagen has her own shows every Tuesday at 9pm Eastern (1am GMT, 2am BST, 3am CET) with different themes throughout the month, except the last Tuesday of each month where there's no show.

I'm not finished yet ! :) There's also another live webcast show on every Monday at 9pm Eastern (1am GMT, 2am BST, 3am CET) this one is co-hosted by Cynthia and Roberta ! In the zone with Cynthia and Robi is full of surprises and you will have to watch to see what's going on with those two.

I'm so thrilled to be joining this gang of very talented crafters and to share a few tips on card making. I consider myself an enthusiastic amateur so I hope you'll take that into consideration when you'll be watching my little skits. :)

All these shows have only one virtual webcast room where they're shown from so save this link to your bookmarks :

http://www.linqto.com/rooms/creativeedventures/Default.aspx

You don't need a webcam or microphone to watch it and there's a chatroom where you can participate with the other viewers. However on some shows you can come in and show your creations if you don't mind showing your mug ! :)

How the cupcakes were made


I've used two lovely templates by HOTP available on Paperwishes.com website I also like their lovely paper pads (12X12) and thought they were a good match for bright colours making your mouth water when looking at those paper creations; I was getting hungry as I made them.

Supplies:




Enhanced by Zemanta

3 Comments - POST YOUR COMMENT:

  • Cyn said...

    Oh Fab we are thrilled to have you as a regular on Creative EdVentures!!! You bring such a wonderful flair and I adore your demo's!

  • Sam said...

    Well rats and double rats, I was out of town on a business trip and missed your debut Fab! But I know you were wonderful, and I can't wait to see you on TV! Congratulations - and the cupcakes are absolutely adorable. (And I have this template and haven't tried it yet, shame on me...but now that I've seen how cute these are I will be using it for sure!!)

    Way to go my friend!

    Hugz-Sam

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 I Heart Hot Off the Press | TNB